Disaster Recovery – Training Courses
What is Disaster Recovery?
Disaster Recovery includes policies and procedures aimed at protecting an organization from human or naturally triggered disruptions on the IT infrastructure. It plays a significant role in the prevention of data losses, financial consequences, loss of trustworthiness and organizational reputation. A Disaster Recovery Plan includes the measures that an organization should take to swiftly recover its IT systems.
Why is Disaster Recovery important for you?
Having the necessary expertise to support an organization in implementing, maintaining and managing an ongoing Disaster Recovery Plan guarantees you professional recognition. Acquire your essential and fundamental skills in Disaster Recovery and help your organization develop procedures, plans, and recovery processes. Being certified against Disaster Recovery demonstrates your determination to achieve a certain level of professional competence in the industry.
Benefits of Disaster Recovery
The benefits that you will gain upon the successful completion of the Disaster Recovery certification include the following:
- Strengthen your personal capability to conduct a DR project
- Acquire the necessary expertise to help an organization in implementing Disaster Recovery practices
- Help an organization meet its business objectives regarding Disaster Recovery
- Gain an internationally recognized certification
- Secure data and hardware
- Increase your reliability
- Minimize risk
How do I get started with Disaster Recovery Training?
Selecting the appropriate training and certification body can be challenging. Our training is uniquely designed to meet individual and organization needs. With the help of our professionals, you will be able to expand your knowledge, succeed, and most importantly be recognized worldwide.
Certified Disaster Recovery training courses available
If you are eager to take your expertise one step further, PECB offers the right training for you. Acquire more knowledge about Disaster Recovery through the PECB training course. Find below the training that best suits you:
Why should you attend?
Disaster Recovery Manager training enables you to acquire the necessary knowledge to support an organization in implementing, maintaining and managing an ongoing Disaster Recovery Plan. During this training course, you will also gain a thorough understanding of best practices in Disaster Recovery.
After understanding all the necessary concepts of Disaster Recovery processes, you can sit for the exam and apply for a “PECB Certified Disaster Recovery Manager” credential. By holding a PECB Disaster Recovery Manager Certificate, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the practical knowledge and professional capabilities to implement and manage Disaster Recovery processes in an organization.
Who should attend?
- Disaster Recovery professionals seeking to gain a comprehensive knowledge of Disaster Recovery best practices
- Individuals responsible for the implementation and ongoing management of a Disaster Recovery plan in an organization
- Disaster Recovery team members
- Acknowledge the correlation between Disaster Recovery and other standards, regulatory frameworks and IT areas
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used for the implementation and effective management of a Disaster Recovery Plan
- Learn how to interpret the ICT Disaster Recovery strategies in the specific context of an organization
- Develop the expertise to support an organization to effectively plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain Disaster Recovery services based on best practices
- This training is based on both theory and best practices used in the implementation and management of a DR plan
- Lecture sessions are illustrated with examples based on case studies
- Practical exercises are based on a case study which includes role playing and discussions
- Practice tests are similar to the Certification Exam
A fundamental understanding of Disaster Recovery Services and comprehensive knowledge of management principles.
The Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Manager is a four-day training course intended to help participants acquire the necessary expertise to support an organization in establishing, implementing, and managing a disaster recovery planning project.
Why Should You Attend?
Disastrous events, which may be caused by natural, human, or technological hazards, significantly affect an organization’s ability to reach its objectives. In addition, the operations of many organizations are threatened due to a disaster after they cannot respond to or recover from the disaster adequately. That is why organizations should focus on developing capacities to prevent, anticipate, manage, and recover from disasters effectively through well-planned and tested disaster recovery plans (DRP).
The PECB Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Manager training course provides an approach to managing a disaster recovery planning project and developing and implementing an information and communications technology (ICT) disaster recovery plan. It equips participants with the necessary knowledge and skills to analyze the incident response plan, emergency plan, and crisis management plan, and conduct disaster recovery testing and performance measurements. By attending this training course, you will be introduced to disaster recovery best practices and will learn how to conduct a risk assessment and business impact analysis (BIA) for disaster recovery.
After attending the course, you are eligible to apply for sitting the exam. If you successfully pass the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified Lead Disaster Recovery Manager” credential. This credential will demonstrate your knowledge and professional capabilities to support and lead disaster recovery teams in implementing disaster recovery strategies based on best practices.
Who Should Attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Professionals or consultants seeking to learn how to implement disaster recovery planning projects, conduct risk assessments and BIAs, and carry out disaster recovery testing and performance measurements
- Managers responsible for establishing a disaster recovery plan in an organization
- Individuals responsible for maintaining the IT infrastructure in an organization
- Members of a disaster recovery team
By the end of the training course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental concepts of disaster recovery and its tiers
- Initiate the disaster recovery planning project based on best practices
- Conduct a risk assessment and business impact analysis and design mitigation strategies
- Develop a disaster recovery plan and analyze the incident response plan, emergency plan, and crisis management plan
- Conduct disaster recovery testing and performance measurements
- The training is based both on theoretical concepts and best practices for disaster recovery planning.
- The training course comprises practical exercises (some of which are based on a case study) and multiple-choice quizzes (some of which are based on scenarios).
- The structure of quizzes is similar to that of the certification exam.
The main requirement for participating in this training course is having a general knowledge of disaster recovery concepts and strategies.