Ethical Hacking – Training Courses
What is Ethical Hacking?
Ethical Hacking refers to the act of penetrating computer systems, networks or applications with the intention to exploit vulnerabilities that may lead to potential threats and risks. The main aim of Ethical Hacking is the improvement of the overall security of organizations by fixing the gaps and vulnerabilities found during penetration tests. Ethical hackers are allowed to use the same hacking techniques as malicious hackers with the permission of the organization which is to be tested.
Why is Ethical Hacking important for you?
Ethical Hackers are also known as White Hat Hackers because they use their expertise in hacking in order to improve the security of organizations by decreasing the number of vulnerabilities and security breaches. With the increase of the number of cyber-attacks, the global demand for ethical hacking services is constantly increasing as well. Globally known organizations chose to include ethical hacking in their security strategies, increasing the demand for Ethical Hackers across various industries. Moreover, experienced Ethical Hackers earn higher salaries than other professionals.
As an Ethical Hacker, you will prove that you possess the necessary expertise to support organizations detect their weaknesses, before a Black Hat Hacker does. Moreover, you will be able to demonstrate that you have the necessary skills to support the process of integrating penetration tests into the organization’s processes and ensure that the intended outcomes are achieved.
Benefits of Ethical Hacking
PECB Ethical Hacker Certificate will prove that you have:
- Mastered the concepts, approaches, standards, methods, and techniques used for the operation of an effective ethical hacking process
- Gained knowledge on the different attacks that can affect the security of an organization
- Obtained the necessary expertise to conduct a penetration test by using different tools and techniques
- Gained the ability to analyze the results of penetration tests and provide effective outcomes
- Higher chances of being distinguished or hired in the security career
- Strengthen your skills and personal qualities necessary to act with due professional care while conducting tests
- Acquired the ability to support organizations in the continual improvement process of their security
How do I get started with Ethical Hacking Training?
Interested in expanding your knowledge and advancing your skills on Ethical Hacking? PECB experts are here to ease the certification process and help you obtain the PECB Certified Ethical Hacker Credentials.
The Certified Lead Ethical Hacker training course enables participants to develop the competence and knowledge required to conduct ethical hacking, mainly for information systems and network penetration tests. Apart from theoretical information, the training course also includes labs that are completed with a virtual machine.
Why Should You Attend?
As the impact of security incidents in small and large organizations has increased significantly, so has the demand for ethical hacking. Ethical hacking is one of the most effective tools of safeguarding assets and protecting people and information. Ethical hacking certification is slowly becoming a standard requirement for professionals who want to work in the field of information security.
A PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker certification will help you demonstrate your ability to lawfully assess the security of systems and discover their vulnerabilities. The training course provides information on the latest ethical hacking methods and tools. It also provides a methodology for conducting penetration tests in accordance with standards and best practices, such as the Penetration Testing Execution Standard (PTES) and the Open Source Security Testing Methodology (OSSTMM).
Understanding hackers’ strategies helps solve security issues and challenges. After attending the training course, you will be able to plan, manage, and perform information security penetration tests.
The PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker training course is based on the concept of practicing what you learned. It includes lab sessions and practical examples to help you apply the theory into practice.
The training course is followed by an exam. If you pass, you can apply for a “PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker” credential. For more information about the examination process, please refer to the Examination, Certification, and General Information section below.
Who Can Attend?
This training course is intended for:
- Individuals seeking to gain knowledge about the main techniques used to conduct penetration tests
- Individuals involved in information security seeking to master ethical hacking and penetration testing techniques
- Individuals responsible for the security of information systems, such as information security officers and cybersecurity professionals
- Information security team members seeking to enhance their information security knowledge
- Managers or expert advisors interested in learning how to manage ethical hacking activities
- Technical experts interested in learning how to plan and perform a penetration test
This training course allows you to:
- Master the concepts, methods, and techniques used by cybersecurity organizations and ethical hackers to conduct penetration tests
- Acknowledge the correlation between penetration testing methodologies, regulatory frameworks, and standards
- Acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the components and operations of ethical hacking
This training course is participant centered and:
- Includes theoretical and practical exercises to help participants acquire the required skills
- Includes a laboratory environment that provides in-depth knowledge and practical experience
- Encourages participants to communicate and engage in discussion and the completion of exercises
- Encourages participants to complete the practical exercises, which serve as a preparation for and are similar to the tasks of the certification exam
Day 1: Introduction to ethical hacking
Day 2: Initiating the reconnaissance phase
Day 3: Initiating the exploitation phase
Day 4: Post-exploitation and reporting
Day 5: Certification exam
The “PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker” exam meets all the requirements of the PECB Examination and Certification Program (ECP). It covers the following competency domains:
Domain 1: Information gathering tools and techniques
Domain 2: Threat modeling and vulnerability identification
Domain 3: Exploitation techniques
Domain 4: Privilege escalation
Domain 5: Pivoting and file transfers
Domain 6: Reporting
The PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker exam comprises two parts: practical exam and report writing. The practical exam requires the candidate to compromise at least two target machines through penetration testing. The process should be documented in a written report. The PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker exam is an open book exam. Candidates are allowed to use training course materials and personal notes during the examination process.
Upon the successful completion of the exam, you can apply for the “PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker” credential, depending on your level of experience, as shown in the table below. You will receive the certificate once you comply with all the relevant educational and professional requirements.
|PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker
|PECB Certified Lead Ethical Hacker exam
|Two years of penetration testing and cybersecurity experience
Signing the PECB Code of Ethics and the PECB CLEH Code of Conduct
To be considered valid, the penetration testing and cybersecurity experience should include the following:
- Determining the scope of ethical hacking
- Defining a penetration testing approach
- Performing the steps that should be followed during a penetration testing
- Defining the penetration testing criteria
- Evaluating penetration test scenarios and treatment options
- Using the methods that help increase the security of operation systems
- Reporting the penetration testing results
For more information about ethical hacking certifications and the PECB Certification process, please refer to Certification Rules and Policies.
- Certification and examination fees are included in the price of the training course
- Participants will be provided with training course material containing over 450 pages of information, practical examples, and exercises.
- An attestation of course completion worth 35 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits will be issued to the participants who have attended the training course.
- Candidates who have completed the training course but failed the exam are eligible to retake it once for free within a 12-month period from the initial date of the exam.